List of personal genomics companies
From ISOGG Wiki
The following is a list of personal genomics companies providing direct to consumer DNA tests for health, traits and pharmacogenetics. This list is provided for information only. Inclusion on this list does not imply recommendation or endorsement by ISOGG. ISOGG welcomes additions and corrections to this list. Please contact us with the appropriate details.
Asia Pacific region
- Genetic Technologies (health)
- Lumigenix (health, nutrigenetics)
- Gentle Labs (health)
- Geenitesti (health)
- Biologis Personal Genomics Service (health)
- deCODE genetics (health)
- Indian Biosciences (genealogy, health, immigration paternity, relationships)
- Mapmygenome (health)
- Meragenome (health)
- Positive Bioscience (health, lifestyle, nutrigenomics, pharmacogenomics, whole exome sequencing, Microarray SNP genotyping, PCR)
- X Code Life Sciences (health)
- Geneplanet (health)
- Eastern Biotech & Life Sciences (health)
- 23andMe (adoption, deep ancestry, ethnicity, exome sequencing, genealogy, health)
- Counsyl (inherited cancer gene screening, invasive pre-natal screening, preconception screening)
- GenebyGene (research, exome sequencing, whole genome sequencing) (an amalgamation of the companies formerly known as DNA DTC and DNA Traits)
- Genelex (paternity, pharmacogenetics)
- Genomic Express (ancestry, nutrition, pharmacogenetics, sports, traits)
- Healthspek PGT (pharmacogenetics)
- Helix (to launch in 2016)
- Interleukin Genetics (health)
- InVitae (health)
- Kailos Genetics (health, pharmacogenetics)
- LifeNome)(allergies, dieting and fitness, nutrition, preventive well-being, skin care, sleep and rejuvenation)
- Stanford Sports Genetics (sports)
- Sure Genomics (health, whole genome sequencing)
- Ubiome (microbiome sequencing)
The following US companies previously offered a personal genome service but no longer sell direct to the consumer:
Personal genomics companies no longer trading
- DNA-Guide (Sweden)
- mycellf.com (Sciona) (Internet Archive version)
- www.mygenome.com (Internet Archive version)
- InoLife Technologies (health) (USA) (Internet Archive version)
- Navigenics (health) (acquired by Life Technologies in July 2013)
- The NIH (US National Institute of Health) Genetic Testing Registry The GTR provides a central location for voluntary submission of genetic test information by providers.
- A list of genetics testing companies offering tests for health-related conditions The list was compiled by the US-based Genetics and Public Policy Centre, and was last updated in August 2011. Tables are provided with an alphabetical listing of the testing companies and the tests listed by disease category.
- ISOGG health and DNA mailing list
- Direct-to-consumer genetic tests Consumer information from the US Federal Trade Commission
- What is direct-to-consumer genetic testing? Resources from the National Institutes of Health Genetics Home Reference
- MacArthur D. Ready to test your DNA: how to choose a genetic testing company. PRI's The World, 22 March 2012.
- Who are 23andMe's competitors? A Quora discussion with commentary on the international personal genomics companies.
- Webborn N, Williams A, McNamee M et al (2015). Direct-to-consumer genetic testing for predicting sports performance and talent identification: Consensus statement. British Journal of Sports Medicine 49:1486-1491. See also the Consensus Statement on direct-to-consumer genetic testing for sports performance and talent identification from this group.