Full Genomes Corporation
Full Genomes Corporation was founded in 2013 to make next generation sequencing technology available for the DTC (direct to consumer) market focusing on the Y chromosome. The founders are well known citizen scientists and active in the genetic genealogy community. The headquarters are in Rockville, Maryland in the USA.
- Justin Loe, CEO
- Leon Kull, Director Data Analysis
- Greg Magoon, contractor, analysis of .bam files and quality control
Comprehensive Y-DNA sequencing
FGC introduced this service DTC (direct to consumer) in spring 2013. Key information:
- $1,250 USD (introduced at $1,499, for early birds $1,299)
- Sequencing provider in the beginning was exclusively BGI in Hong Kong. In August 2013 UCLA was announced as an alternative supplier under test for providing faster results.
- Raw data (BAM file): Read length 100 base pairs, coverage 50x, approximately 20-25 million bp are called from the ca. 58 million Y-chromosome bp (the centromere and the huge q12 region are not included), ca. 14 million bp with reliable mappings (high quality SNPs)
- SNP Report: approx. 1000 SNPs reported, check for known Y-SNPs, Y-DNA haplogroup assignment, Report of private (new) SNPs, in common haplogroups 25-40 private SNPs are found
- Y-STR Report: 300+ Y chromosome STRs (Markers)
- Approx. 99% coverage of the mtDNA sequence
- La génétique - le cas FULL GENOMES - ADN Y (in French) by Joss Ar Gall, Le Gall de Basse Bretagne et d'ailleurs..., 29 March 2014.
- Perez I. First Look at the Full Genomes Y-Sequencing Results from Itaï Perez. Guest post on CeCe Moore's Your Genetic Genealogist blog, 3 November 2013.
This information is not yet available on the homepage and was given by Justin Loe in the Facebook page in December 2013.
- DNA: sent to BGI only for now
- Data: data is stored where analyses are performed and in our site
- Data Access: not published, via website or direct delivery
- IDs: BGI and/or others only receive anonymous ids, not names
- Full Genomes official website
- Full Genomes demo tree
- Full Genomes Facebook group
- Full Genomes on Google+
- Fully Y-chromosome sequencing Phase III pilot A discussion on the Anthrogenica Forum about the Full Genomes test