Full Genomes Corporation
|Founder(s)||Justin Loe, Leon Kull, Paul Conroy, Abdullah Marafi|
|Headquarters||Rockville, Maryland, USA|
|Products||Genome NGS Sequencing, Interpretation (SNPs, STRs, Phylogeny)|
Full Genomes Corporation was founded in 2013 to make next generation sequencing technology available for the DTC (direct to consumer) market focusing on the Y chromosome. The founders are well known citizen scientists and active in the genetic genealogy community. The headquarters are in Rockville, Maryland, in the USA.
- Justin Loe, MS, CEO
- Leon Kull, Director Data Analysis
- Greg Magoon, PhD, Y-chromosome Analytical Consultant
Y-DNA comprehensive sequencing
FGC introduced this service DTC (Direct To Consumer) in spring 2013. Key information (see also Y-DNA SNP testing chart):
- $999 USD (introduced at $1,499, for early birds $1,299, later lowered to $1,250, $1,099)
- Sequencing is provided by the BGI in Hong Kong.
- Raw data (BAM file): Read length 100 base pairs, coverage 50x, approximately 20-25 million bp are called from the ca. 58 million Y-chromosome bp (the centromere and the huge q12 region are not included), ca. 14 million bp with reliable mappings (high quality SNPs)
- SNP Report: approx. 1000 SNPs reported, check for known Y-SNPs, Y-DNA haplogroup assignment, Report of private (new) SNPs, in common haplogroups 25-40 private SNPs are found
- Y-STR Report: 300+ Y chromosome STRs (Markers)
- Approx. 99% coverage of the mtDNA sequence
FGC for $50 provides a analysis of third party BAM files and provides the same Interpretation Results (SNP, STR) as mentioned above.
Whole genome test
Introduced in summer 2014.
- $1,800 USD (introduced at $1,800 for early birds)
- 30x or better coverage, including the Y chromosome
- Data will be delivered by hard drive (100 gigabytes or more of raw data)
- La génétique - le cas FULL GENOMES - ADN Y (in French) by Joss Ar Gall, Le Gall de Basse Bretagne et d'ailleurs..., 29 March 2014.
- First Look at the Full Genomes Y-Sequencing Results from Itaï Perez. Guest post on CeCe Moore's Your Genetic Genealogist blog, 3 November 2013.
- Full Genomes results by Ricardo Costa de Oliveira J1b M365+ blog, 22 November 2013.
This information is not yet available on the homepage and was given by Justin Loe in the Facebook page in December 2013.
- DNA: sent to BGI
- Data: data is stored where analyses are performed and in our site
- Data Access: not published, via website or direct delivery
- IDs: BGI and/or others only receive anonymous ids, not names
- Full Genomes official website
- Full Genomes demo tree
- Full Genomes Facebook group
- Full Genomes on Google+
- Fully Y-chromosome sequencing Phase III pilot A discussion on the Anthrogenica Forum about the Full Genomes test