Full Genomes Corporation
|Founder(s)||Justin Loe, Leon Kull, Paul Conroy, Abdullah Marafi|
|Headquarters||Rockville, Maryland, USA|
|Products||Genome NGS Sequencing, Interpretation (SNPs, STRs, Phylogeny)|
Full Genomes Corporation was founded in 2013 to make next generation sequencing technology available for the DTC (direct to consumer) market focusing on the Y chromosome. The founders are well known citizen scientists and active in the genetic genealogy community. The headquarters are in Rockville, Maryland, in the USA.
- Justin Loe, MS, CEO
- Leon Kull, Director Data Analysis
- Greg Magoon, PhD, Y-chromosome Analytical Consultant
Y-DNA comprehensive sequencing
Up to April 2015 approximately 1,000 kits where sequenced or analyzed with registration of 35,000 novel SNPs at the time of the analysis. 
Y Elite 2.0
Introduced in May 2015.
- length coverage: 13.2+ megabases
- read length: 250 bp, coverage 30x+
- supplier: Omega Bioservices
- replaces: Y Elite (100 bp BGI) and Y Prime (100 bp)
- features: better SNP calling and better STR calling quality
Y Elite 1.0 (2013-2015): FGC introduced this service DTC (Direct To Consumer) in spring 2013. The test is known as the Y Elite. Key information (see also Y-DNA SNP testing chart):
- $850 USD (introduced at $1,499, for early birds $1,299, later lowered to $1,250, $1,099, $999, $975, $850)
- Sequencing is provided by the BGI in Hong Kong.
- Raw data (BAM file): Read length 100 base pairs, coverage 50x, approximately 20-25 million bp are called from the ca. 58 million Y-chromosome bp (the centromere and the huge q12 region are not included), ca. 14 million bp with reliable mappings (high quality SNPs)
- SNP Report: approx. 1700 "usable" SNPs reported, check for known Y-SNPs, Y-DNA haplogroup assignment, Report of private (new) SNPs, in common haplogroups 25-40 private SNPs are found
- YFull evaluation: confidence regions length averaged at 23 Mbp. With average mutation rate 0.82 ∙ 10^-9 per year per bp the resolution is 53 years per mutation (for comparison BigY has 10.31 Mbp and 118 years per mutation). 
- Y-STR Report: 300+ Y chromosome STRs (Markers)
- Approx. 99% coverage of the mtDNA sequence
Y Prime (2014-2015): was introduced in July 2014. Costs were $750 (originally priced at $625, $589 with an introductory price at launch of $599. Subsequently raised to $650).
- Raw data (BAM file): Read length 100 base pairs
- See: FUll Genomes launches Y Prime - a new Y chromosome sequencing product by Debbie Kennett. Cruwys News blog, 26 July 2014.
FGC for $50 provides an analysis of third party BAM files and provides the same interpretation results (SNP, STR) as mentioned above. For details see:
- A new BAM file analysis service from Full Genomes Corporation and a special offer on the FGC test by Debbie Kennett, Cruwys News blog, 26 April 2014.
Whole genome tests
Introduced in summer 2014.
- $1,850 USD (introduced at $1,800 for early birds)
- 30x or better coverage, including the Y chromosome (expected with better SNP-coverage then Y-Elite)
- Based on dbSNP 142 expected to cover over 100 million known variant sites (mostly SNPs) plus novel variants identified in the ~3 billion nucleotide sites in the human genome; ca. 4.7 million sites called with variation from the reference sequence. 
- Data will be delivered by hard drive (100 gigabytes or more of raw data)
- La génétique - le cas FULL GENOMES - ADN Y (in French) by Joss Ar Gall, Le Gall de Basse Bretagne et d'ailleurs..., 29 March 2014.
- First Look at the Full Genomes Y-Sequencing Results from Itaï Perez. Guest post on CeCe Moore's Your Genetic Genealogist blog, 3 November 2013.
- Full Genomes results by Ricardo Costa de Oliveira J1b M365+ blog, 22 November 2013.
This information is not yet available on the homepage and was given by Justin Loe in the Facebook page in December 2013.
- DNA: sent to BGI
- Data: data is stored where analyses are performed and in our site
- Data Access: not published, via website or direct delivery
- IDs: BGI and/or others only receive anonymous ids, not names
- Full Genomes official website
- Full Genomes demo tree
- Full Genomes Facebook group
- Full Genomes on Google+
- Fully Y-chromosome sequencing Phase III pilot A discussion on the Anthrogenica Forum about the Full Genomes test
- Justin Allen Loe. eMail 2015-04-22 to Chris Rottensteiner and Debbie Kennett
- Justin Allen Loe. Message posted 2013-11-09 in Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/fullgenomesY/
- Greg Magoon comparison table, published in FGC Facebook group, http://i.imgur.com/Gq7jDrX.png
- ADAMOV, D., GURYANOV, V., KARZHAVIN, S., TAGANKIN, V., URASIN, V.. Defining a New Rate Constant for Y-Chromosome SNPs based on Full Sequencing Data. The Russian Journal of Genetic Genealogy (Русская версия), mar. 2015. Available at: http://rjgg.molgen.org/index.php/RJGGRE/article/view/151/175. Date accessed: 06 May. 2015.
- Greg Magoon about prototype results: "102.8 million variant sites with read depth ≥8, 106.5 million with at least one mapped read.", E-Mail Mar 23, 2015