Genetic genealogy blogs
Genetic genealogy blogs can be a useful way of keeping up with the latest developments in genetic genealogy, personal genomics and anthropology. The following is a list of some of our favourite blogs, together with a list of blogs associated with DNA projects. If your favourite blog is not on the list do feel free to add it.
- 23andMe and You - do more with your data A blog by Erica B (not affiliated to 23andMe)
- The age of personalized medicine A collaborative blog from the Personalized Medicine Coalition
- Adoption and DNA A blog from CeCeMoore highlighting adoption DNA success stories
- Andrea's ancestors A blog by the 23andMe ambassador Andrea Badger
- Bernard Secher's blog (in French)
- The Chromosome Chronicles A blog by Alex Bisignano, a recent Princeton graduate, which discusses personal genetics, science and politics.
- Cruwys News A blog by Debbie Kennett which has posts on both genealogy and genetic genealogy from a British perspective
- Diary of a product administrator The musings of the administrator of the Bolt DNA project.
- DNA Explained, a blog by Roberta Estes
- DNA Genealogical Experiences and Tutorials, a blog by Steve Handy
- DNA Testing Advisor A genetic genealogy blog with special focus on adoptees by ISOGG member Dick Hill
- Evo and Proud Peter Frost's anthropology blog, with special reference to sexual selection and the evolution of skin, hair, and eye pigmentation
- Felix's thought logs A genetic genealogy blog from Felix Immanuel
- Genealem's Genetic Genealogy blog A blog from ISOGG member Emily Aulicino with lots of practical advice on the subject of DNA testing.
- Genealogy Junkie Sue Griffiths' genealogy blog. Sue was brought up in the UK but now lives in the US. Her blog focuses on both genealogy and genetic genealogy.
- Genetic Future Genetic Future is written by Daniel MacArthur, a geneticist at the Sanger Institute in Cambridge, England. His blog focuses mainly on human genetics and personal genomics.
- The Genetic Genealogist ISOGG member Blaine Bettinger examines the intersection of traditional genealogical techniques and modern genetic research. The blog also explores the latest news and developments in the related field of personal genomics
- Genomes Unzipped A group blog providing expert, independent commentary on the personal genomics industry
- Genomics Law Report News and analysis from the intersection of genomics, personalized medicine and the law
- Haldane's Sieve Discussing preprints in population and evolutionary genetics
- Haplogroup Rebekah Canada's genetic genealogy blog
- HUGO Matters The official blog of the Human Genome Organisation
- Kitty Cooper's blog Musings on genealogy, genetics and gardening
- The Legal Genealogist A blog by Judy Russell which often includes posts on the subject of DNA testing
- Le Gall of Lower Britanny (in French) Joss Ar Gall's blog which often includes posts on the subject of DNA testing
- My Genes and Me A blog by Ana Gerschenfeld
- On Genetics blog A blog from Steve Mount, a geneticist at the University of Maryland
- On-line Journal of Genetics and Genealogy, a blog by Steven Perkins
- Our Genes blog The official blog from the Africa Genome Education Institute
- Through the Trees a blog by Shannon Christmas
- World Families blog by Terry Barton
- Your Genetic Genealogist A genetic genealogy blog by ISOGG member CeCe Moore "helping you to discover and understand the fascinating world of genetic genealogy".
The University of Phoenix's list of top 50 genetic blogs might also be of interest.