Beginners' guides to genetic genealogy
From ISOGG Wiki
The following is a list of resources which are particularly appropriate for genetic genealogy beginners.
- Beginners' guide to genetic genealogy by Kelly Wheaton, Wheaton Surname Resources website, 2013.
- Genetic genealogy basics by Sue Griffith, Genealogy Junkie website, last updated 30 October 2014.
- Sense about genealogical DNA testing by Debbie Kennett, Sense About Science blog, 15 March 2013
- DNA testing for genealogy - Getting started Part One by CeCe Moore, Geni.com blog, 18 July 2012 (a look at Y-chromosome DNA testing).
- DNA testing for genealogy - Getting started Part Two by CeCe Moore, Geni.com blog, 25 July 2012 (a look at mitochondrial DNA testing).
- DNA testing for genealogy - Getting started Part Three by CeCe Moore, Geni.com blog, 18 July 2012 (a look at autosomal DNA testing).
- DNA testing for genealogy - Getting started Part Four by CeCe Moore, Geni.com blog, 18 July 2012 (a look at ethnicity testing).
- Understand DNA testing World Families tutorial.
- DNA Testing For Genealogy 101 – What Can It Do For You? Roberta Estes' series for the National Genealogical Society
- Introduction to genetic genealogy by Steve Handy. DNA Genealogical Experiences and Tutorials blog, 21 October 2012.
- Is the answer in your genes? by Debbie Kennett, Berkshire Family Historian, September 2008 (Volume 33), pp 14-16 (an introduction to Y-DNA and mtDNA testing from a British perspective).
- The FAQs for the ISOGG DNA Newbie list compiled by Kitty Cooper
For guidelines on DNA testing see the Genetic genealogy standards.
- Chromosomes and inheritance A selection of videos created by the Genetic Science Learning Center at the University of Utah for the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation
- Getting started in genetic genealogy Diahan Southard's presentation at Rootstech 2015.